Tuesday, January 26, 2010

When Life's coming down to a choice..

We often hear people say that "Life is full of choices.."

for me, it sounds so true.., as I had to make one difficult decision recently..
and.., to tell the truth.., I don't seem to be very satisfied with that decision.., but I think I'd thought about it very thoroughly..., so I'll learn to cherish it and never regret that decision.
 

Then, out of nowhere, my mind began to wondered and wondered..
and, many silly thoughts pop-up unexpectedly.
and so.., here are some things that broke in my mind..

I figured out that there are many kinds of choices we'll have to choose in life.
me, myself categorize it as below.. It's kind of silly though..


FIRST KIND OF CHOICES
It's the choices between something good and something bad, that will show oneself, what kind of person he/she is, to everyone else in this world. This kind of choice is often hard to change once we had made our decision upon one of them, as it is deeply planted in our mind and in our unconsciousness. 

For example, We can choose to be a good person or to be a bad person; to be honest or greedy; to be lazy or hardworking.., and many more. Once we had decided what kind of person we wanted to be.., I think it'll be hard to change the decision. This is because whatever decision we had made upon the choices will eventually become our personality. But, then again.., it's hard to change but it's not an impossible task, if we have what it takes to change : a strong will power.

This kind of choices is often very very easy to decide. It's just the matter of right or wrong; the matter of should or shouldn't. Etiquette in society and parent or teacher guidance should do the trick in helping us deciding what route to take in this first kind of choices.


SECOND KIND OF CHOICES
It's the choices of things, which are basically the same, only differ in quality or characteristic. The simple example is when we wish to buy apples in market, we will choose apples that suits ourselves or apples which we think to be the best. some of us will choose fuji apples, some other will choose apples from USA, and the rest of them will choose indonesian apples. In order to choose wisely, we're advised to have some knowledge upon our choices.


THIRD KIND OF CHOICES
It's the choices of different things and each decision bear its own consequences. Mostly.., in this third kind of choices, people will choose the one decision that suits his/her interest. One example is the choices of university major for an undergrad. An undergraduate will choose to study on his/her favorite major or took classes that interest him/her more.

Another personal example is that I would choose literature class over physic class, because I hate physic to the core.


FOURTH KIND OF CHOICES
This is the most difficult choices in my opinion. It's the choices of different things, but each of those things is precious to us. Choosing one of them would mean to let go of the other precious things. This kind of choices is the one I mentioned above earlier.

I had been organizing a trip to Indofood manufacturing plant for some time. It is finally to be executed tomorrow. I had been working hard for this, so it's natural that I am eager to go on this trip. But, on the other hand, tomorrow there will be a basketball match and I would very much like to participate in this event. I love basketball and I do want to be the part of the team that play in the match tomorrow. And I am forced to choose just one of them. I choose the plant trip because I am the person to be responsible in organizing this trip. But deeply in my heart.., I am reluctant to let go of the desire to play basketball in the field tomorrow, hiks23... T.T

You know what? It would be nice if we can choose both of them in the same time, don't you think so? but, one musn't, at all time, be greedy, because greedy people never come to a good end (that's what people always say).



So that's what I have in mind....

I still want to play basketball......., huaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :'-(


0 comments:

Post a Comment