Sunday, February 22, 2009

Collecting things is one of my many hobbies. I guessed it all started because I had attachment for all kinds of interesting things. Everytime, when I receive things that captured my heart, I would keep them carefully, I wouldn't use them for fear that they might be broken when I'm using it.


So.., that is my origins of collecting things. I collect many kinds of things, like pencils, stickers, cards, keychains, empty red-pockets (Hongbaos), hairclips, neklaces, bracelet, boxes and papers (the last two are the most unimportant things I collected) and many more. Often my mom is irritated by this hobby of mine and will sometimes throw away many of my collections. The thing is I kept too many things, and quite many of them are useless things. Many people says that it's much more better to collect one kind of things but in great number and complete collection than like me to have collect many kinds of things but only a few of each kinds. Actually, I do agree, but I can't help myself, but keeping things.., hehe

But, I do actually have one collections that I am myself quite proud of it.
hmm, guess what??? I have quite a complete collections of words of wisdom. 
It's my hobby to collect meaningful quotations, beautiful sentences, beautiful poems from famous people. 
I have book full of those words of wisdom and I like to read it over and over again. 
I loved every sentences, every poems, and every words I have ever written down in my book.
Here is some of them..


AKU INGIN
by : Supardi Djoko Damono

Aku ingin mencintaimu dengan sederhana
Dengan kata yang tak sempat diucapkan
kayu kepada api yang menjadikannya abu

Aku ingin mencintaimu dengan sederhana
Dengan syarat yang tak sempat disampaikan
awan kepada hujan yang menjadikannya tiada



We grow great by dreams...
All big men are dreamers...
They see things in the soft haze of a spring day
or in the red fire of a long winter's evening...
Some of us let these great dreams die...
But others nourish and protect them;
Nurse them through bad days 'till they bring them to the sunshine and light...
Which comes always to those who sincerely hope that their dreams will come true..
by : Woodrow Wilson



Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared
by : The Buddha



Normal day...
Let me be aware of the treasure you are..
Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...
Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow...
Let me hold you while I may...
for it may not always be so...

Or one day I shall dig my nails into the earth;
or bury myself in the pillow;
or scratch myself taut;
or raise my hands to the sky and
Want more than all the world, YOUR RETURN...



Ideals are like stars..
You will not succeed in touching them with your hands..
But like the seafaring man on the desert of water...
You choose them as your guides...
and following them.., you reach your destiny...
by : Carl Schurz



A song isn't a song until you sing it...
A bell isn't a bell until you ring it..
Love isn't love until you give it away..
from : The Sound of Music (movie)



Doubt that stars are fire...
Doubt that the sun doth move...
Doubt truth to be liar...
But never doubt that I love...
by : William Shakespeare (in Hamlet)



Holding anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else...
You are the one who gets burned
by : The Buddha


Huaaaa, actually there are so many more quotes that I love, hundreds more. But it's imposssible to write all of them here. 
My favorites words often comes from Confucious, William Shakespeare, Albert Einstein, Mother Teresa. Commonly, these words tell us lesson about Life, Love, Friendship, Knowledge, Ideals, and many more...
The key of appreciating those words is to Hear the meaning within the words
Hmm, until now, I am still collecting these words of wisdom. I'll be very glad and thankful if anyone do inform me many more of those beautiful quotes (or Words of Wisdom, as I call it).

0 comments:

Post a Comment