Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Days With Illness


A couple days ago, I was down with several illnesses. That day, I felt terrible. I couldn’t do anything. My body was very weak and I felt giddy all day. All I could do that day was to lie down in my bed.

I can’t tell my parents about my condition. My parents live far away from me. The last thing I want them to do is to worry about me. I know that they already have so many burdens in their mind. I can’t bring myself to increase their burden by worrying about me.

But to get sick, without someone truly care for you, like your family, is really hard.


I have to prepare my own meal in my really weak condition. In the end, I bought food from the stall nearby without even care for what food I was choosing that time. In the past, if I was sick, my mother would have cook something nutritious and delicious for me, even it is as simple as porridge. My mother would have stayed beside me, accompanied me, and attendded to all my needs. I really miss my mother so much...


That day, only 2 of my friends sent me messages, asked me about my condition. Isn’t it pathetic..? Maybe, because I didn’t tell anyone about my condition, so not many of them know. Or maybe, all of this time, I haven’t been a friend good enough for them to make them care for me. Maybe, I haven’t done my best as a friend for them.


On that day too, I had deeply hoped in my heart, that someone special for me will sent me messages, asked about my condition, or maybe just wished me a speedy recovery. We should have three same classes that day if I didn’t sick. That day, I wished, he would have notice my absence, and asked about me. I waited for his messages all night. I kept praying that this wish would become reality. But, sadly, in the end, my hope didn’t come true.




That day left a sad memory for me. I remembered I had been crying all night until I felt asleep that day. Even when
I was writing this blog, my tears can’t stop falling.





0 comments:

Post a Comment