Saturday, July 24, 2010

The lost human value..

this post is about something I have been thinking for the past days.. I've been hesitating whether I should post it in this blog.., considering that maybe some people have known my blog already.
but, I can't stand keeping troubles in my mind.., really.., It's one of my annoying shortcomings.., haha.. I can't tell my parents because it would made them worried much because I'm kind of alone with 3 other friends in an unfamiliar land. I can't tell my friends either because it's not so convenient and I am kind of introvert, maybe..
So, you see, I have no one to tell my troubles.. But, by keeping it in my mind, I think I'll go crazy sooner or later, because It really gets on my nerves everytime I think about it..

so, here we go...

Human values...
how much do we know about human values exactly??
The human values I'm going to talk here are about honesty, sincerety to help each other and also all the other good human values..
Many people told me that I'm kind of naive.. I tend to believe that all people must have their good side. Even though I am told about how bad and how selfish are the people in the grown-up's society, I didn't believe it wholly. Maybe, because I grew up and became friend of a bunch of good people, admirable people.

this few days.., I have seen something that I had been denying all this time..
It's about my friend. actually, I feel uneasy about telling it. Please forgive me.
Just one simple example so that I can go on with my post.
It's about a really simple chore : dish-washing. My friend here only wants to wash only the plate and the spoon which he use. He don't care about others' plates and spoons. Clearly, he won't wash mine.., and I've already proved it. He also don't care about the plates used to prepare the cooking material, let alone the wok used for cooking.
But, when I washed my plate, I would also wash the other plates which were dirty and left unwashed. When I washed my plates, I also washed his plates if he had left it unwashed earlier. I think he knew it and pretend didn't know about it.
I also washed the wok and the plates for uncooked material lots of time, not all the time though.
I'm lucky that one other friend had helped me often. he is nice, really..

I'm not complaining here. I'm not asking him to repay me by washing my plates either. Believe me. I'm just wondering.., why he can't help to wash the wok and plates for cooking material.
Is it that hard to add a few thing to wash..? Or he is just to selfish to help others?
I can't tell and I can't judge...

What I am trying to say here is,
I think, people's from the city, big cities, tend to be selfish.. They will only care about themselves..
I've noticed that they're also calculating.., they don't want to do something that are not their duties or responsibilities.
It's sad.., don't you think..?
While, people from the village have more conscience, sincerity to give and help, and a generous heart.
Look.., I didn't write this post based only on my opinion and the story of my friend..
There is one program of Singapore's Media Corp's channel (channel 8, if I'm not wrong), that I had watched not so long ago.
It's about famous chef who must went to unmodernised small village to cook something and present it to the people there.
You know what??, the people in the village barely knew the chef who was visiting them..
Yet, they (the villagers) gave the chef the best ingredients that the chef asked for, WITHOUT ANY PAYMENT.
They are willing to give out their chicken, best wulong tea leaves for the chief, which I think would benefit them more if they had sold it in the market.
But, They give it away just like that. Impressive, right..?The chef feel very grateful towards the villagers.
When the chef was about to leave.., he cried and said that It was hard to leave these kind villagers. They are kind, sincere in helping and do have a very generous heart. You'll surely hard to find these people in singapore, which citizens are very competitive and calculating.

you see..?

and also another story about the Indonesians TV program, in RCTI channel, called : TOLONG!!
It's a reality show about asking people to help.
here is the episode I've watched :
There is a skinny and filthy woman who bring with her, a basket of flower petal. She said that she picked these flower petals from the graveyard. She intended to sell these petals to get some money.. I forgot what the money was for.
She met a lot of people who reject helping her.
Then, she met a woman with garbage truck, more filthy than her, because she works at a rubbish site. She collect any scrap metal or plastics from rubbish site to sell. She was with a child. She helped the first woman eventually..but, do you know that the second woman (the woman with garbage truck) actually has a more sadder story? Her husband doesn't want to work, so she must goes to work every day. She only earn 6000 rupiahs that day, (which, believe me, is very little of value), but, she gave half of it to the first woman.
Aren't you touched..?
do you think you can find these stories in big city and the big cities' people who have claimed that they are more civilised, educated and live a fine life?
I think, It'll be hard.

I know, I can't judge and claimed all big cities' people to be the bad and heartless people..
I know, there are good and kind people too in there, however little..
I, haven't considered myself as the good, kind, sincere, generous too... I still have much to learn.
Clearly, I'm not generous and sincere enough, considering that I'm writing this story of my friend here..I have much to learn about these human values, and I am willing to learn them. I hope that if someday, I ever took the wrong route, someone out there will be willing to guide me..
I, personally think that, educated people don't mean that they have great degrees, like bachelor, magister, doctorate, Ph.D, or professor.., These degrees don't mean anything if people don't have the good human values and the right attitude of life..
anyway.., that's just my opinion... Everyone's entitled for their opinion, aren't they?
I'd like to hear your's opinion too, if you want to write comment about this post..
so...

p.s. I'm very sorry if my post have offended you, dear readers..
please do forgive and correct me...
thank you..

People, wherever you are from (cities or village).., have you done any goodness to other people today?
please keep remember those good human values that our parents and teachers have always thought us since we were little..
for a better world ahead.., let's work this out together, won't you..?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates